Sunday 12 April 2020

Year 1 - Happy Easter


Happy Easter!

Myself, Mrs Cura, Mrs Rogers and Mrs Barrow hope you are having a lovely Easter and have the opportunity to enjoy this beautiful weather.

We hope that you are well and know that we all miss you and your children very much. I spoke to Mrs Cura last week and she told me how much she enjoys the opportunity to talk to you all. Please also remember to get in touch if you have any questions or if we can support you in any way.

My family and I are entering our 5th week of being at home and it is interesting to notice the differences in how we are coping. My husband and daughter seem happy to take a very flexible approach to the situation whereas my son has recently requested a timetable. His timetable isn't academic based (although it does have a time for reading) but knowing what is coming up next is making him much happier -  I also found that I enjoy the structure that it gives our day.

How we cope with this situation will be different for each of us and there is no approach that will suit everyone. It has been lovely to see the learning that your children have been doing in virtual school but it is equally lovely to see the mud pie or lego construction they may have made.

Next week I will blog about the additional power maths resources that would be helpful for your child for the next power maths topic. Two A4 sized pieces of card would be useful for these (cereal box card for example).


Lots of love,
Ms Browne, Mrs Cura, Mrs Rogers and Mrs Barrow. xx
         

No comments:

Post a Comment