Monday 11 January 2021

Coming up this week..

Hello you amazing lot!! I just want to start by saying a HUGE well done to you and the Year One children. I am so impressed with how you have all settled into distance learning school. I am really enjoying seeing all the work that the children are doing. Please keep on sending me their work, I love to see it! 


Just a few things about what is coming up this week;

From tomorrow the distance learning timetable is a little different. It is more focussed to what we would have been doing in the classroom if lockdown didn't occur. Each lesson on the timetable will send you to a different link. Most of them will send you to a video made by myself (Miss White) or Ms Evans that talks through each lesson as if we were in the classroom. Our aim with this is to make the lessons more independent for the children to access. 

However, it's very important that you monitor the children when using the internet and don't leave them unsupervised. 

Once they start to watch the video for the lesson each step will be talked through which means the children can go through the lesson independently. There are times where they will need to pause the video. You may need to show them how to do this. I hope that makes sense!

Also, I hope you have all received the email about zoom calls. These will be starting from tomorrow. If you have any questions or queries regarding this please send me an email or call the office in the morning and I will be able to help. I look forward to seeing the children tomorrow! 

It's been amazing to see that some children have completed their AR quizzes, thank you! We also have a rising percentage of children accessing the online learning which is AMAZING to see. You are all doing an incredible job, well done!


As always please contact me if there is anything you need, if you have any questions or if you just want a chat. Please keep on sending me work that is completed to a.white@princeofwales.dorset.sch.uk

Take care and stay safe!

Miss White


No comments:

Post a Comment