Friday 10 September 2021

Our first week in Year 1!

WOW!! I have to start this blog with saying how impressed and proud I am of each and every child in Year 1. This week has been amazing and the children have show such maturity to adapting to their school life in Year 1. 




For me, it feels like I have had this class for longer than a week, however it is so nice to see all of their characters evolve as the week progressed. They are showing such willingness to take part in all aspects of the class and are showing great behaviours. 

I have got some pictures to share with you on this blog......but unfortunately the photos haven't backed up to the drive and I've left the iPad at school, so I will share these with you next week. 

We have been up to so much which included, making animal masks and writing about them, recognising and writing numbers to 10, starting to learn about different animals, started to touch on the Christianity creation story and lots more!

I hope each child has enjoyed their first week as much as I have!

A few last things;
- Some children did not come in with their PE kits this week. Please can we ensure that these are coming in next week.
- RWI books came home today. Please can these be brought back in next friday. We will give out a new book each friday when the old book is brought back.
- Home learning tasks will start next week. Children will have their own book to complete different tasks in.
- Individual school photos are on Thursday!

Have a great weekend!

Miss White and the Year 1 Team x

No comments:

Post a Comment